One of the hardest things that parents have to deal with is how to help your children adjust to a new home. The first few days can be a little difficult because they may not know where to go or what to do. When your child first moves in, make sure to set up their room appropriately so that they are comfortable. Pack some of their favourite toys and place them nearby so that they will be ready to play. Once they know where they can get their food and where they can rest, you can slowly start to let them become accustomed to their surroundings. Some children just need to be shown what to do while others will need more direction. If this is the case for your child, don’t hesitate to talk to them and show them what to do. Ask them if they need to do something and if they do, then let them do it. They should know on instinct what they should be doing. Sometimes all they need is a little direction to help them get used to their new house. Children need to learn that there are rules and that they need to follow them to get what they want.
Give importance to their sadness
Grief is a normal part of being human, it is when the grief sets in that the proper steps need to be taken. There are many ways that a family can help to assist them in the healing process by taking the time to honour their grief. By taking the time to understand how to grieve properly, the family will be empowered and they will not feel alone in dealing with their new situation. There are many things to consider when you are planning to leave an old home for a new one.
- If the house has certain features that you no longer want, like a big garage or porch, it may be time to consider changing them. In this way, you will not be disrupting the continuity of your child’s childhood.
- For instance, if you have plans to visit your sister who recently moved in from Melbourne, you need not worry about seeing her big garage filled with old junk. You can simply change it into a small storage facility for clutter storage. This can be done even if you do not have a sister.
- Sadness and boredom are major causes of grief in children. This is why parents should exert an extra effort in ensuring their child’s happiness by paying attention to his/her every change.
- The most obvious changes that you should pay attention to include redecorating, replacing furniture, and buying new toys. Children’s feelings should never be ignored when trying to ensure their well-being.
- Even as you prepare to leave and the little one feels sad, you should try to comfort the child. It is essential that you don’t show concern and that you only offer encouragement.
Following this advice, you can help your child through the difficult process of leaving the old familiar place for a new place of safety and permanence.
Give your child some control and responsibility
It is very important for you to give your child some control in terms of the move to a new house. This is because your child may feel quite apprehensive about moving from his present home to a new house, particularly if he has recently suffered a trauma in his previous home or has seen his parents getting divorced.
- Therefore, it is advisable that you teach him how to deal with these kinds of issues. In this regard, you should never push your child and encourage him to be happy about the move to a new house.
- Rather, you should let him move as he wishes and only then should you worry about what he is experiencing.
- Another way to give your child some control in terms of the move to a new house is to be on hand during the move.
- During this period, you should ensure that everything goes well for the child and that nothing untoward takes place.
- You can thus ensure that your child does not get worried about what is taking place as he is present with you during the entire move. This will help your child to be more at ease about the entire process and this will also make him enjoy the move to a great extent.
- When the child’s anxiety levels have been greatly reduced, you can begin to introduce him to the new house. This can be done by showing him where each room is and what the furniture looks like.
- You should also let him know what his new room looks like through telling him about the colour scheme and style. However, when you are planning to move to a new house, you should ensure that you consult your child about every single thing. Your child needs to be properly guided so that he does not feel too nervous about the entire house-move.
This is something that you need to remember all the time so that your child does not lose out on the excitement and fun that accompany a new move.
Do not make a changes of your child’s daily schedule
When you move to a new home, you need to keep your child’s schedule the same as it was before.
- If you were given a new address and you gave your child your old one, they would need to go to school and then would need to get to their new address to go to school each day.
- In order for this to work out, you need to have the address for the school on your new home’s deed.
- Once the address is on the deed and the schools are in the neighbourhood, it will be easy for your child to go to school and it will also be easy to tell them where they are going to get lunch each day.
- Also, make sure that when you get new furniture for your home that you keep your child schedule the same as before.
- If you buy new furniture and you move into the house, your child will need to know where everything is located.
- Then if they want to play in their new room, they will know where to go to get what they need to do that day.
- If you move into a different house, you might have to get your child used to the fact that their rooms are now in a different place. That can take a little time but the more time you give them, the easier it will be for them to get used to the new room.
- You might also want to try and find some toys for your child to play with that are similar to things that they already have in their room.
When your child moves to their new home, you have to make sure that they are prepared for their new life. While you will always be their mother, that does not mean that you do not have to show them how to be a good home to a mother as well. They should have a good neighbourhood and the homes that are close together in a reasonably safe neighbourhood are usually safer than houses that are farther apart. This way they will be better equipped to deal with any of the dangers that might be around them in a new neighbourhood.
Prioritise on setting-up the kids room first
Once you have moved into the new home, one of the most difficult tasks is to set up the kids room. It may seem like a very easy task to do, and it is, but in reality there are a number of things that need to be done in order to get the right setup for the room.
- Most parents don’t give this much thought until after the move is complete and they find that all of the toys and other things in the room are scattered everywhere.
- When setting up the room, first make sure that you unplug the power from any devices that you are using, and then store all of your electrical outlets in a single area.
- If you have children, you will also need a sturdy chair for them to sit on, as well as a cot for them to sleep on if there is no cot available.
- You should also set up the kids room first and ensure that everything is set up accordingly before bringing the furniture into the room.
- Before you start setting everything up, you should be sure that all cords are out of the way.
- Once you have done this you can go about unplugging everything that you haven’t used, and then you can go about arranging the items that you have in the room according to how you wish to have them set up.
- If you have purchased a new cot for the children, you may want to ask the retailer to include a cot in the set up, so this ensures that everything will be set up properly.
- The kids’ room is likely to be their personal space, so you will want to make sure that they enjoy it as much as possible.
- In addition to ensuring that everything is set up properly, you should also take some pictures of the room and put them somewhere that they can see them every day. This will provide them with a great mental picture of what their new room looks like.
- The last thing that you want is for them to feel homesick after moving in, so by taking pictures of their new room every day they will feel more at home in it.
Plan some fun activities to keep the kids engaged
Moving to the new house or just moving from an old one can be a very stressful and emotional time. The best thing to do is to plan some fun activities to take part in when moving to the new place. This will help to relieve some of the pressure that can come along with the moving.
- One of the fun things to plan is a party, this way you can get all the kids together for a fun-filled activity that they can all enjoy while moving.
- The next fun activity that needs to be planned is a family reunion once everyone gets to know each other again after moving. This is the perfect opportunity to catch up on any missed calls or to catch up on any news that has come along.
- A big move such as this one can really create a lot of stress, so having a chance to relax and catch up on any of the small little things is very important. It will help to reduce some of the stress that is created in the new home once the doors are open.
- If you are still unsure about what to do for these fun activities after the move then contact your moving company and they will be able to give you some great ideas to help make the moving day a lot more fun.
Plan a stress-free move to a new home with our home removal company Melbourne.
Do you have to plan a stress-free move to your new home with our house relocation team in Melbourne? Thousands of people a year make the move to another part of the country or even overseas in order to find themselves a more relaxed place to live. Moving can be an extremely stressful time and can leave you very ill equipped to start a new lifestyle. This is why so many people choose to use a relocation company, to make the move as smooth as possible.
A move can be incredibly confusing, especially if you are not used to it or if you don’t have a proper plan. This is where our relocation specialist company can come in and make sure that everything is in order before you even step foot outside your house. Many people have this fear of what happens to them when they leave their old home, but with our specialist removal company they will know exactly what to expect. Moving is a big change and it can be extremely scary at times. However, by contacting us at 1800 842 066, our relocation specialist company by your side you can rest assured that your home removal is carried out in the most professional and efficient way possible.
If moving to another country is going to affect you then you may have to find accommodation. It is very common for people to get completely nervous about leaving their old life. Don’t make the mistake of rushing into anything. If you have to use a removal service you should only do so after taking advice.
Our specialist moving company will not only give you excellent advice on packing and moving, but our expert removal team will also make sure that everything goes to plan so that you can start your new life immediately.